This week, 23-29 November, has seen the return of National Road Safety Week coordinated by Brake, the road safety charity.
Solon Security support and supply numerous Road Safety initiatives across the country through our wide network of customers and contacts. So it is great to see this initiative continuing to go strong in its 18th year.
For those of you who have been inspired this week and may be looking to ditch the car more often, we have compiled 5 Top Tips for Road Safety below that will help ensure you stay safe:
1) Around this time of the year visibility is low for all road users, even during daylight hours. Ensure you are stocked up on Hi-Vis Clothing & Accessories to maximise your appearance.
2) If you are a keen cyclist then reliable bike lights are essential over the coming months. If possible keep some spare batteries in your rucksack in case your lights run out of power whist you are travelling.
3) Another essential for all cyclists is proper safety equipment such as helmets and elbow/knee pads. These items can save serious injury, or even your life, in the event of a collision.
4) Always be aware of your surroundings and ensure that you obey all highway code and road laws to minimise the risk of an accident. It is down to all road users to share the streets responsibly.
5) Pedestrians can be just as likely to be involved in accidents as cyclists. Whether you are walking, jogging or skating, ensure you can be easily seen. This is especially true in locations with minimal street lighting, or for those accompanied by children.
To view a wide selection of quality Road Safety item you can visit www.redlinesecurity.co.uk/road-safety or alternatively call our team on 01352 736125 for more information.